Sunday 17 October 2010

Coots, Trees and a Trip! ... I Saw Sunday - Week 5

A random assortment of things seen this week for  I Saw Sunday

here are mine ...


The coots at the lake causing trouble ... again!

I love them, they're the ones with the white heads, all the other birds on the lake just go about their business, but there's always something kicking off with the coots and they shove their heads out in front and start tanking through the water peeping and chasing one another.
They really make me laugh ... and remind me of my partner just a little more than perhaps they should! ... hehe


I was determined to take some pictures this week, but only managed one on a dull day that doesn't really show how beautiful this avenue of trees really is, but I
popped it in any way. This is one of my usual walks with Grace that leads us down to the lake.  I'd love to have a picture of them in each season as they are just glorious and it's such a pleasure to walk there, although Grace's favourite part of our walk is when we get to the lake. She runs at every single bird that's still on the side with her tail wagging making sure they get in the lake in double quick time, it makes her day and makes me laugh everytime too ... an absolute delight to watch.

and lastly

I saw a man trip over, not completely, that wouldn't be funny, but just enough for comic entertainment. A quick shuffle followed by some arm action, followed by the regained footing and then a quick scan to see if anyone had seen ... classic.

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hehe. i only laugh with the tripping man as i too have been there...hope you have a great sunday.

Susannah said...

That's a wonderful photo. :-)

I know what you mean about the coots! and I can just imagine Grace with her harmless, duck pushing exploits. LOL

I think you described that poor mans embarrasing moment very well, I could just see it.

Thanks for joining in! :-)

SeaThreePeeO said...

What a lovely post. I have to say that I have a soft spot for Coots myself, tenacious little birds.

I always appreciate a good trip, so much so that I have to laugh at myself when I do it.

Elizabeth said...

Love the trees and would also like to see them in different seasons. What are coots?

Elizabeth

Deborah said...

It seems I'm not the only one who enjoys a good trip! hehe

and I think tenacious is the 'perfect' word to describe coots SeeThreePeeo :o)

and Elizabeth, I'll have to take an action picture of one them in full on chase so you can see first hand!

Thanks everso for popping by and your comments it's been lovely reading them x

I Wonder Wye said...

I am usually the one tripping -- it may never be politically correct, but it's always funny -- esp when seen from a distance...

Jae Rose said...

They're not called old coots for nothing! I thought your photo did capture the beauty of that avenue..especially at this time of year. It was very atmospheric. Thanks for your visit..Jae

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

this is refreshing.

Deborah said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments x :o)