Sunday 26 September 2010

Love - Sunday Scribblings # 234

Written for Sunday Scribblings prompt 234 - Love

I walked into the bathroom and there it was, toilet seat up, toothpaste spray all over the mirror and the toilet roll on the sink.
I then picked up his 'dead' socks off the landing and put them in the washing basket before heading down stairs to make a cup of tea.
The kitchen is how I always find it after he's used it, tops to the coffee and sugar jars off and left on the side, and of course the empty milk carton placed back in the fridge.
I make myself a tea and walk into the living room and there he is on his fourth slice of toast with marmite all over his chin.
I sit myself down and look over at him, thinking of all the annoying things he does like this every single day, and I just know as a smile spreads across my face
... I'd miss every single one of them.

15 comments:

Flying Monkey said...

This made me smile. Well done for giving the not so romantic every day reality of love such justice that it seemed romantic after all.

Nanka said...

That is a cute one...Kudos to a tolerant and devoted wife :)

Daily Panic said...

oh yes! this is love!!!

Carina said...

In our house the roles are reversed. I hope my husband feels as patient about my foibles as you are about your spouse's. =)

Understanding Alice said...

well now that really IS love :D

Ana said...

Sweet! The stuff of life!

dasuntoucha said...

Awwwwwww (^_^)...it's often those little annoying things that remind one how monumental love tends to be...enjoyed reading your words.

Old Egg said...

So much truth in this. Let's hope the faults he sees in you are also as endearing to him.

Susannah said...

Wonderful! He's lucky to have you. ;-)

Jaime said...

Heehee. My husband would never get away with that, but I hear you on the little annoyances we'd miss if they weren't there...

Deborah said...

Thanks everso much for popping by and leaving your comments x

rashmi said...

Beautifully said...in each word we could feel the love....

Jae Rose said...

How lovely Caterpillar - I particularly love the idea of 'dead' socks (not in a morose way mind you! it made me smile :)Jae

Giovanni said...

Lovely piece.

Deborah said...

Thank you all so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments x :o)